Aurora Light Acrylic Painting

Aurora in real life,

What is an Aurora?

Aurora is a Natural light display on the earth sky, mostly seen in the high latitude regions. The name Aurora, do you know this name comes from the Roman goddess of the Dawn, who traveled from east to west announcing the coming of the sun. Ancient Greek poets use this name metaphorically to refer to the dawn.

As the science is incredible the terms are very hard for me to tell how they are forming, but for us, it is looking beautiful and it's making us spend one night under that sky. 

As I liked the aurora lights in movies I wanted to know what these lights are why they are forming? 

The dancing aurora lights are actually collisions between electrically charged particles from the sun that enter the earth's atmosphere. Where are these lights are seen you know above the magnetic poles of the northern and southern hemispheres that's why they are calling "Aurora borealis" in the north and "Aurora australis" in the south. Auroral displays appear in many colors but the shades of red, yellow, green, blue, and violet are the most commonly reported colors.


Aurora lights image from internet

My Aurora light painting,

As I like to watch movies and series a lot I will always look for the places and nature that are explored in those movies and series. Once I am done watching a particular movie or series I will look for the filmed location, I hope you too try that research it will be fun to know. So like that recently I was watching the fortitude series in that I noticed these aurora lights. So I want to do a painting of it, Have you ever had a moment like that? So that's my interest in doing this painting it was my imagination I didn't have any inspirational image for making this. I hope this will be easy for you to try. 

Have confidence and get started, don't be afraid of mistakes everything here we learn by trial and error method, even I too make mistakes but make sure it's not visible to anyone and also use simple tricks to correct it ok cool.

My scanned painting after completion

Where you want to start paper or color? I started with color actually Here I took black, purple, deep blue, light blue, light green, and yellow. I did the painting on painting paper but it's always good to try on canvas or on a hard chart for a better result at the beginning. And here I choose a flat brush to do the shade. Everything is ready,

Paper, paint, and brush ready

Now I am going to put the color in its place so that you won't mess with your arrangements. On the top purple, then deep blue, light blue, light green, and yellow. Have you placed it? properly.

Putting colors in order

Start brushing from yellow, mixed, and matte those colors at last while going to purple finish it with black shade. Slightly add the dark shades in the light shade but very lightly. Make sure it does not give any difference. Have you shaded it well?

Shaded colors

Now time for the trees, I am thinking to draw trees, If you have any other ideas you can try that also. But you have to decide what you want to paint first? So I did pine trees silhouette painted in a v shape, like this for this I used black color, and angular shadow brush to give shaky shades to the trees you try with earbuds also.

Silhouette painted trees.

Yes, now time for stars. Use white color and light yellow to make stars mix both colors and take it in brush and start to pray it gently on the sky side, you can also try with old toothbrush even. And for shooting stars use a liner brush.

Painting completed.

Here we go it's all done now,  it is easy You can do it like I did. Always learn to try if it went wrong today no worries you can try another one tomorrow. The lesson I learned so far, always try new, if you are failed, learn again from your mistakes and correct those mistakes to win. Apply this message in all your important decisions, definitely, we will win one day. 

Try this painting in your own way and share how much you liked it and give feedback for me on How I am doing?

Thank you, traveling with positive hopes to give more interesting articles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZENTANGLE ART

Mandala art drawing

Acrylic painting with plates